16 February 2013

Scarf / bolero in Solomon's knot (aka Lover's knot)

       One of my favorite accessories is bolero, which I made in stitch called Solomon's knot, or Lover's knot. This technique was new to me until recently, and design of bolero was perfect for it. It is light, stretches fine and can be worn over something, or on bare skin, over some top or strapless dress.

         The first one is made of yarn in the color of wet sand, and that gave him some ancient, medieval (for me that was period of very romantic fashion details) look. It looks almost like made of some rope, but is actually very soft to touch.

        And, not to forget, bolero can be used as scarf, or hooded scarf, or sort of top.

Sorry, my Dolly has no arms, so I had to use chair instead



Then I made very gentle one (that adjective stands because of the yarn it is made of). It is "wanna-be-white", or pale cream, but it looks like a fresh snow in parks, and sparkles like the very same snow under a street lamp. 






Detail without flashlight, that way you can see sparkles best

No comments:

Post a Comment